I am 9 weeks postpartum, and I can admit some days are better than others. Today was ok, I saw a friend, she though never breast fed or pumped milk kept me motivated to continue my journey. I feel like I’m not producing enough, my head is cloudy, baby gassy, toddler off the walls and body going through it’s own motions. But as I type I hooked up to the mighty pump as my daughter swings.
I am no pro at pumping, this is only me second child and second time doing this. But I have learned a few things so far like:
- Stay hydrated
- Get some sleep I know it’s hard but you have too
- Eat I know that’s hard to but you have to check some of my previous post for snack ideas
- Pump after every feeding
- Latch latch latch; I know It can be tiring especially when your baby cluster feeds but trust me your doing great latch that baby if you can.
- Pump after every feeding. Not only may you find some milk that your baby didn’t get but you are also telling your body to make more milk. After pumping drink water and eat something.
- put a sock over the bottle as you pump to stop stressing about amount
- Know each time you pump the amount will change don’t panic
- Invest in a good pump
- If you can’t produce, child has trouble latching, not producing enough guess what you are still perfect and so is baby.
Breastfeeding is hard so please dont be hard on yourself.
I would say just in time for the holidays but hey Christmas is almost a week away but better late than never home made healing bracelets. Check out this green aventurine bracelet being modeled by my Sugar
This bracelet is cute, trendy, and great for cleansing and grounding your heart chakra. Great for new or broken relationships, fear of love or healing, protection of the heart.