Here is what you will need for a great Chinese inspired dinner.
- chicken breast cut into cubes
- Corn starch
- Ice cold water
- Baking power
- General tso seasoning & sauce
- Soy sauce
- Salt / pepper
- Cooking oil
- Broccoli (or whatever veggie you like)
Step 1: Cut your chicken in cubes
Step 2: make your tempura inspired batter
– combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper. Mix. Slowly add in 1 cup of ice cold water.
– in another pot boil water for rice. Or use a steamer whatever your preference. Also steam some broccoli 🥦.
Step 3: Heat pan
Step 4: Coat chicken
Step 5: Once pain is hot, gently add chicken, cook until golden brown.
Step 6: Drain.
Step 7: Coat with Sauce