Late night cravings will always be my weak point. It could the secrecy or it could be just something about the hue of the light flickering off a late night meal that is always inviting.
If your life me you never crave salad, fruit or even crackers you want something messy, filling and a little sweet. Why not stuffed French toast!
No fancy plate required:
- Roasted/candied almonds
- Almond extract
- SoftenedCream cheese
- Two slices of bread
- One egg beaten (add cinnamon, milk and a touch of vanilla)
- Your favorite syrup
1. Chop up your almonds into small pieces, mix with softened cream cheese, and add a touch of almond extract. Spread on bread, sandwich together, place on a plate and into the freezer for 10 min.
2. In a pan heat butter and a small amount of oil (this will ensure a crispy outside). Dip French toast into egg mixture, both sides
3. Place in hot pan
4. Flip once brown, browning the other side
5. Remove and plate with a scoop of almond cream cheese, and syrup on top! No fancy bread, plate or silverware needed!