Pancakes are already delicious, but not always the healthiest breakfast choice. But a few pancakes once a week won’t hurt right? Right when done the right way.
Here are some tips
- Instead of white flour try whole wheat flour
- Substitute some of your flour for ground flaxseeds and oats (this is the option I choose this week)
- Make your own syrup
- Use fruit for your topping or in the batter
Grinding up the flaxseeds and oats makes the batter easier to handle and to me gives the pancakes a better texture. I used 1 cup of flour flour and a 1/2 cup of a rolled oat, Oats by Kind and Flaxseed mix. How I ground them was in my blender.
Now you can make the pancakes as normal and enjoy.
For those who are looking to loss weight
- Use Whole wheat flour
- No syrup try topping pancakes with fruit or home made fruit compote
- Yogurt on the side is also a great choice for a complete meal
- Tea or water to drink, no juice or coffee
For those who are looking to gain weight
- Add eggs for protein and fruit for a complete meal
- Tea or water to drink
- Adding potatoes is also another great option
This same concept can be used for French toast and waffles. Why flaxseeds, why oats you ask?
Not only are the both very nutritious, packed with vitamins and give you energy but they also
More Flaxseeds and Oats benefits
- Improve cholesterol
- High in fiber
- High in protein
- Fights against cancer
Flaxseeds and oats are also great in smoothies and even toasted for your own homemade granola. Adding just a tablespoon of each a day can improve your heart, body and soul. Happy Sunday