When that first scratch of your throat comes the panic sinks in. I can’t get sick, I have class, bills, a family and things I would rather be doing than laying in the bed surrounded by tissues.
But the question is what can you do? Holistic remedies for colds have been affective and have less to no side affects and more benefits than taken over the counter meds. (If you have something more sever please see your doctor)
Remember bring holistic is healing from the outside in.
- Meditation and prayer can be used to heal the chakras and realign your elements
- Yoga can be used to fight off a cold, keeping your body and immune system strong
For a soar throat you can
- Gargle warm salt water
- Honey and lemon shot
For the body
- Epson salt bath
- Steamy shower (also good for stuffy nose)
For stuffy nose
- Steamy shower
- Essential oils: eucalyptus and peppermint
For the immune system
- Less sugar consumption
- Green, peppermint, lemon and ginger tea combinations 🍵
Did you know at the early signs of a cold, eating the right foods high in vitamin C & D can reduce your symptoms, shorten your cold and prevent their frequency.
Don’t forever forget the basics
- Wash your hands
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid public places
- Take a probiotic
Working out at home/doing light yoga is also ok. Don’t be afraid to sweat it out but make sure you avoid the gym until all symptoms are gone and always clean your area well.