Wanna know the secret ingredient in my turkey burgers HOISIN SAUCE. Yes this sweet, salty sauce gives my burgers that extra pop and zing that they need. Turkey is a lean meat, though good for you it’s not very flavorful but that’s a good thing. You can add just about anything and it will absorb it’s flavor.
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 onion diced
Salt / pepper
1/2 tablespoon of ground ginger
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
Whole wheat Buns
- Spicy garlic sauce
- Sweet potato fries
- Veggie chips
- In a large bowl add turkey meat, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper and egg
- Mix with a wooden spoon until combined, don’t over mix
- Form patties and lightly flatten (I made sliders so Main were a little smaller)
- In a oiled hot cast iron pan add patties. DO NOT TOUCH, allow crust to form.
- Cook until done on both sides, doesn’t take long again turkey is lean.
- Allow to rest on paper towel
- Make your burger