Day 1 : Nourishment
Date: Friday Fed. 1, 2019
Note from Lynn: Good morning everyone, I hope you woke up well rested and ready for this amazing Friday. Remember not only is it Friday but it’s also day one of the Self challenge. I challenge you to love yourself, to heal yourself and you reach a new realm of self. Are you with me?
- Keep yourself hydrated– add cucumber, lemon and mint to your favorite alkaline water (I love Essentia). Keep your skin clear and your body alkalized
- Yoga: low crescent lunge & half pigeon Workout: pike push ups
- Mantra: I am strength, I am grounded and I am peace (repeat through the day)
- Meal: Zucchini tots & rice
- Chakra: Root
Location: The bottom of your spine/tailbone
Purpose: stability, relaxation & balance
Signs root chakra is blocked: feeling anxious, threatened or panicking, back pain, leg pain, trouble with digestion, cold hands or feet
Healing your root chakra:
⁃ stones: red jasper, Bloodstone and Red Carnelian
Foods: root veggies, strawberries, red bell peppers, tomatoes, apples, etc.
Center your root chakra through deep meditation: sitting Indian style, eyes closed, mind and body relaxed. holding your stones in your dominate hand and rest them on your legs. Breath in deep, as deep as you can through your nose slowly, calmly and in one fluid motion. Focus on your root chakra, picture something red and positive. You should feel your tailbone relax, may even feel warm. Slowly release through your mouth. Repeat for 3-5 minutes.
Cleanse your stones with Sage to get rid of any impurities. The stone in the video are (starting with the biggest one):
- Red Calcite: also used for crown chakra, balance hormones, aids in pregnancy and child birth, protect emotional boundaries, rejuvenate body, attracts love, aids in feeling grounded and stable
- Red Jasper: emotional healing stone, brings strength in dominate situations, courage to overcome mental and physical abuse, recovery from violence and sexual abuse
- Carnelian: very power stone for it aids in psychological protection, spiritual healing, great for woman who want to release they sexual energy and inner power