Stir fry is a healthy and tasty way to pack in your needed calories and protein all in once meal. If your goal is to gain muscle; alter this recipe by increasing your protein intake and cards. If you are looking to decrease your weight; increase the veggies and lower the cards.
– Chicken breast (boneless and skinless cut into cubes or thin strips)
– broccoli (steamed)
– 2 tablespoon ginger (grated) (feel free to add more if you love ginger like me)
– cabbage (cut up)
– carrots (cut up)
– salt/ pepper
– 1/2 onion
– 4 garlic cloves
– 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
– chicken stock
– rice wine vinegar
– 2 teaspoons of sugar
– 1 teaspoon tummeirc
Prep: cut up all veggies and chicken. Marry chicken, 3 garlic cloves, onion, 1 tbs of ginger, 1 teaspoons of tummeirc; in a bowl. Set aside
1. Bring chicken stock to a boil. Once boiling add in rice. Once rice is tender drain if needed, and set on stove with the lid on (this keeps the rice from sticking together and keeps it fluffy)
2. In a sauce pan Heat hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon of ginger, 1 garlic clove, sugar and let it marry on low heat until you are finished cooking. Stir occasionally.
3. Sauté or steam veggies (you can combine them if you like as long as you have similar cuts/sizes)
3. Sauté chicken, onion, ginger, tummeirc, salt and pepper to taste in a sauté pan
4. Plate and drizzle hoisin sauce to taste.